Supply Chain Policy, Fees & Charges
Reason for subcontracting
Lancaster Training Services Ltd (LTS) will work in partnership with a small number (currently 2 - Blackpool & the Fylde College and Prestons College) of high quality partners to deliver its programmes where:-
1. The contractor has the skills and experience to deliver programmes that LTS would otherwise be unable to provide.
2. The contractor is a niche or specialist provider that is able to deliver provision more efficiently and cost effectively than LTS.
3. LTS will benefit by gaining experience of new and innovative methods of delivery and by gaining access to new markets.
4. The contractor is approved by the Skills Funding Agency on the Register of Training Organisations.
Quality and Teaching and Learning
The contractor will at all times comply with LTS' quality standards for teaching and learning and contracts with sub contactors will stipulate financial penalties for any under achievement of quality measures.
LTS, through its Training Co-ordinator will closely monitor the performance of the contractor throughout the duration of the contact and will address emerging quality issues immediately.
Subcontracted provision will be included in the relevant programme area of LTS' annual SAR.
Fees and Charges
LTS will levy a charge in the region of 15%-30% of the funding received from the Skills Funding Agency. This charges covers:-
1. Processing of all documentation in accordance with the Skills Funding Agency regulations.
2. Data validation and audit to ensure compliance with the Skills Funding Agency regulations.
3. On-going support and monitoring of the quality of provision.
4. Access for learners to LTS' student support services including welfare and wellbeing services.
5. Regular contract meetings throughout the year.
6. Increase in risk exposure to LTS.
7. Compliance with Skills Funding Agency rules relating specifically to subcontracting.
8. The fee applied will be negotiated with the subcontractor before the provision commences. Fees charged may vary according to the following factors,
9. Contract Volumes
10. put required from LTS staff
11. Risk profile, financial, quality and reputational.
Payment schedules will be agreed individually with each contractor to reflect the cash flow associated with the type of delivery. Payments will only be made on receipt of all supporting documentation and achievement of minimum quality standards stipulated in the contract.
Payments due will be calculated on the basis of ILR funding returns submitted to the Skills Funding Agency. The calculations will be provided to the contractor for checking and payments will be made within 30 days of receipt of a valid invoice.
Policy Publication and Review
This policy will be published on LTS' website and will be reviewed annually. Contactors will be notified of the policy prior to entering into an agreement.