Tyre Fitting Light Vehicle
Tyre Fitting - Next Course - Please call 01524 858326
Duration: 1 Day (09:00 - 15:30hrs)
Who is it for?: This course ideally suited to those candidates that have very little experience in fitting and balancing tyres.
Aim: A one-day training session that will give the candidates knowledge of how to check tyres confirm with laws regarding tyre wear, damage and misuse. They will also gain practical knowledge of how to replace a tyre, repair a puncture and balance a wheel.
Objectives: Upon successful completion of all the elements of the training day the candidate will have demonstrated their competence at changing a tyre, replacing a valve repairing a puncture, identifying tyre information including sizes and speed ratings. Candidates will also learn how to balance wheels and tyers using a balancing machine. The courses will include the various techniques when dealing with steel and alloy wheels.
Content: Training will be split between the classroom and the workshop.
The course will include the following areas:
- Tyre sizes, profiles, load and speed ratings
- Working knowledge of a tyre machine
- Working knowledge of a wheel balancer
- Changing a tyre
- Repairing a puncture
- Replacing a vale
- Balancing a steel and an alloy wheel using 'stick on' and 'knock on' wheel weights.
- Method of Delivery: Training and assessment
Assessment: There will be no formal assessment although retained knowledge will be checked throughout the day.
Qualification: LTS Tyre Fitting
Price: £240 per person inc. VAT
Additional Info: Successful candidates will be issued with a certificate of attendance
Click here to download the course flyer
Check out our other commercial courses.
- Abrasive Wheels
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Electrics
- irtec Vehicle Inspection LGV & PCV
- Fork Lift Truck
- Mobile elevating work Platforms
- Lorry Loader
- Truck Driving - LGV licence acquisition
- Bus Driving - PCV licence acquisition
- Car Driving